What is Acne Prone Skin?
Acne prone skin, as the name suggests, is skin that is prone to break-outs more than others. Whether it’s due to reactive skin, genetics, larger pore size or the type of skin you have, some people are just more likely to get acne than others.
What Causes Acne on the Skin?
Acne is a skin condition where your hair follicles or pores get clogged with oil and dead skin cells. The main factors that cause acne are excess oil production, bacteria, the excess activity of hormones, and clogged pores. Generally, people with more oily skin will experience acne more than other skin types, but that is not to say it is the only type that has acne. Acne can consist of being hormonal, bacterial and/or hereditary.
Where Do You See Acne?
Acne breakouts are typically skin surfaced around the places where your body attracts the most oil. This most commonly includes the face, forehead, chest, upper back, and shoulders. Acne breakouts are shown as:
- Small tender bumps
- Pimples with pus on their tips
- Puss-filled limps beneath the surface of the skin
How Can You Treat Acne?
- Refrain from touching and popping your acne. Think of your pimple as a cut, and if you have an open cut the more likely bacteria will come in and infect it — same goes with acne. In fact, touching your face may worsen your acne as it irritating the skin.
- When the condition is persistent acne medications are prescribed by dermatologists with salicylic acid that will help cleanse the skin.
- Try a facial that contains salicylic acid or amino acids to improve your skin health and skincare routine.
Enjoy the perks of our Loyalty Program
Get 10% off when you come back for your next treatment within 5 weeks*: Facial, Massage, Pedicure, Hair color & cut. *Applicable only on the same service as originally purchased
Receive reward points every time you purchase our daily care products. Please ask for details.
Receive a $20 gift certificate towards your next visit when you refer 2 clients. We heart our clients if you come to us with referral, let us know so we can thank them with a gift.