Medical Aesthetic is an inclusive term for non-ablative skin treatments that focus on improving esthetic appearance for the conditions including (but not limited to) scars, skin laxity, wrinkles, moles, skin tags, spider veins, skin discolorations due to aging and sun damage and for permanently reducing unwanted hair.
Some of these non-surgical procedures are
- Radio Frequency for skin tightening, improving collagen and repair elastin fibers
- Microneedling for stimulating collagen and for skin texture
- Fractional laser for wrinkles, melasma, scars (acne or surgical)and skin tightening
- IPL for lightening hyperpigmentation (sun and aging spots) and hair removal
- Chemical peel for skin lightening, deep exfoliation and for skin rejuvenation
- Microdermabrasion for deep exfoliation
Professional skin therapist/Estheticians may utilize a combination of these modalities for ultimate result. Although medical aesthetic procedures are typically non-ablative, they can significantly improve quality of life, psychological wellbeing and social function by improving esthetic appearance and slowing down skin aging.
Following the recommended daily care routine and using the home care products prescribed by your skin expert will improve the results of your treatments