We love getting pampered. Especially when it comes to maintaining our nails with a beautiful shellac manicure. They last for a long time and look amazing. But when they start growing out – yikes! If you don’t have time to go to the salon to get them removed, here’s a helpful video we put together on how to remove shellac nail polish safely in the comfort of your own home.
Steps on How to Remove Shellac At Home
- File the surface of the shellac nail and ensure all the colour is removed
- Saturate a cotton ball with acetone
- Apply the cotton ball onto the surface of your nail
- Cover and wrap your entire nail with aluminum foil
- Leave the foil on for 10 minutes
- Remove the foil and cotton ball.
- Buff down the surface of your nail to ensure it is smooth
- Apply a nail strengthener top coat. You can also use nail oil or a moisturizing cream
- Allow your nails to breathe for a couple of weeks before your next manicure
If you enjoyed this guide, have a look at our post on why it’s so important to take care of your skin.